cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Library support

ELambee
Level 3
Hi,

We just purchased 11d. We would like to change our current L20 tape library for a new HP MSL2024 with 1 Ultrium 920 (SCSI LVD/SE). I just want to be sure that this new library won't have any problem working with 11d. Is there any compatibility issue with the MSL2024 library and BE 11d?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can check the HCL at http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/282249.htm , but you shouldn't have any touble with the new library

Stan_Petroff_II
Level 2
We are using many of the MSL2024 tape libraries.  We have not had any problems using them with Backup Exec 11d build 6235.  Make sure you upgrade the library and tape drive firmware to the latest version.  I use HP Library and Tape Tools to upgrade the firmware.

aivan
Not applicable
Hello,
    I am looking at the same configuration for a customer (Rev. 6325 and MSL2024), and we have a difficult problem;

One of the tape drives works correctly, the other one hangs when trying to write to it. Without any messages on the event log (or on other logs). I do not think this to be a hardware problem (but I might be wrong), and the configuration of the two drives is similar.... have you encountered something similar? ... and maybe you've solved it? :)

Thanks
Ivan

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Ivan,

I would suggest talking with your hardware vendor about that.  As that sounds like a hardware issue.

If we have 1 library with 2 tape drives in it, we will send the data the exact same way to both drives.  Backup Exec doesn't send data differently to one drive then the other.  All the commands are the same.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you have an LEO (Library Expansion Option) serial installed on the media server?

You only get support for one library with one tape drive with the base media server license.  Addition drives in the first loader or additional loaders require one LEO each