cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape library problems

Morten_Eriksen
Level 3
We have installed Backup Exec v. 10 on a Windows2000 SP4 server. The tape library is IBMSLX4560 with 25 slots. We have created a policy who is running fullbackup once a week and incrementel the other days. After fullbackup which are configured to overwrite and uses "Out of house" set there is a linked job who is exporting media to the mail-slot. The tape is being exported to the mail-slot but the operation is running over and over again. If I take out the tape, then the next one is exported, and the next one and so on. What is wrong?
The second problem is:
When media is exported to mail-slot and out of the system for a period or in a defined media vault do I have to manually import the media to a predefined slot or is there a way to automat this import job?
If I run fullbackup on thursday night, I put a tape in mailslot(which have been out of the system for 6 days) on thursday morning and want this to be implemented automatic and used by the system. Friday morning I want to bring with me a fullbackup tape out of the house. Is this possible?
1 REPLY 1

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Do you receive any alerts that you need to respond to?

Kindly install the latest Veritas Drivers..

Do you receive any errors in the event logs?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.