cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape read/write error on B2D (Backup to Disk)

Vina
Level 3
Hi,

I received the follow error on my last backup with Backup Exec

Error reported:
A tape read/write error has occurred. This is usually caused by dirty read/write heads in the tape drive. Clean the tape drive, and then try the job again. If the problem persists, try a different tape. You may also need to check for problems with cables, termination, or other hardware issues.
V-79-57344-33991 - A tape read/write error has occurred. This is usually caused by dirty read/write heads in the tape drive. Clean the tape drive, and then try the job again. If the problem persists, try a different tape. You may also need to check for problems with cables, termination, or other hardware issues.

I can not clean the tape drive because I make the Backup to Disk and after I send to the media.

Any ideas for solve this problem?

Best regards,

Vinicius Deschamps
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If I read your problem and setup correctly, you stage to disk first, and then stream that to tape.
If so, you are still able to run the cleaning tape on your tape drive...it doesn't matter if it goes to disk first.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If I read your problem and setup correctly, you stage to disk first, and then stream that to tape.
If so, you are still able to run the cleaning tape on your tape drive...it doesn't matter if it goes to disk first.