cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Credentials fails

hassanMV
Level 3

Hi,

I am using Backup Exec 2014 to backup some of the VMWare Vms we have in our environment. We have VCenter Installed in a VM that is joined to a our domain. My  Backup Exec 2014 is installed in a Windows 2008 R2 physical machine which is also joined to the same domain. Now I have added my vCenter Server to the Backup Exec using the defualt account which is a domain account with administrative rights. I am trying to set a backup with 4 Vms. Two of them are domain joined and other two are not joined to a domain. When I try to test credentials only the 2 Vms that are joined to the domain shows success message. Remaining 2 vms that are not joined to the domain shows failed message. Anybody please help me how to overcome this problem. All the VSphere hosts are domain joined and domain admin account added to it. But there are VMs that are joined to domain and some are not.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The credential that you use for VM3 and VM4 needs to be added to these machines as a local admin with full access to the entire machine

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
For the VM's that are not in the same domain add the media server, you need to establish trust between the two domains and add the BESA as a domain admin in the other domain

hassanMV
Level 3

Thank you for the answer. I am not very clear on what you mean. Say I have a VSphere Host that is joined to a domain. I have the following Vms.

VM1 and VM 2 joined to the domain.

VM3 and VM4 not joined to any domain.

I am selecting these VMs through vCenter and uses a domain administrator login. Can you let me know in detail of to achieve logon account successful for VM3 and VM4

thanks.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The credential that you use for VM3 and VM4 needs to be added to these machines as a local admin with full access to the entire machine