cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-14) occurred in object 10.

cschmidt
Not applicable
I have a client that I recently restructured their AD and upgraded the DC to 2003. In the process of restructuring I changed the AD domain and forest name and changed the names of the servers to reflect the new corporation. My first problem with BE10.1 was the server name change, I changed it through BEUtility and every service now starts except for the Backup Exec Server service. When I try to start it I get the error:

The Backup Exec Server Service did not start.  An internal error (-14) occurred in object 10.

In the event log.

I have checked using both netstat -a -o and trying to connect to port 3527 from another machine using netcat and nothing else is running on that port as per
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/275017.htm

I really need to get BE working because my client has not had a backup since last week prior to the AD restructure.  Does anyone have any other ideas that I can try to get this up and running again?
1 REPLY 1

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified
Since you mentioned that yu restructured Your AD, it may be Schema version issue. Can you start the services in Local system Account?