cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp/datestamp on media name

Not applicable
Hi,

I am using Windows 2000 built-in backup( system tools ) now, I can't find a way to create a timestamp or datestamp on media name( backup set ) when I set up automatic backup job so I can not have different media name for every single day. I only have 1 media name( backup.bkf and backup.bks ), should anything happen to it, I lost all the backups. I try to find a way to automatic create different media name, e.g. backup(date).bkf and backup(date).bks for every single date.

Is this limition on Windows backup ntbackup.exe? Is Backup Exec able to help me on this?

Thanks.

Frank
4 REPLIES 4

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

Actually the .bkf files are not automatically stored with the timestamp / datestamp. Instead they are stored in this format - B2D00005.bkf, B2D00006.bkf etc...

Please write to us incase of further queries.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two
business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed
answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’
pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can't change the media name, but you can use these variables in the media description field

%J Job Name
%T Run TIme
%D Run Date
%S Media server name

so that

%J from %S on %D at %T

might expand to Daily Full from BKSrv01 on 5/25/05 at 21:30

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if the earlier provided solution has helped resolving the issue. Please update us on the same.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.