cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble installing BE 2014 remote agent

Kenneth_Wood
Level 2

Hello everyone,

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that is virtualized. I am trying to install BE 2012 remote agent on it from another virtualized Windows 2008 R2 server. The push agent pushes the installation down but never completes the installation. If I go to the server I am trying to install the remote agent on, I can find the RAWSX64 folder. I try running the installation manually, the installation goes fine until the actual install occurs. It will just sit at "Symantec Backup Agent for Windows" and the estimated install time is 3 minutes. The progress bar never moves. I've let it sit overnight, and no progress is ever made. I have to kill the installation. I have included a picture of the screen it is sitting at. One more little note, the BE 2012 remote agent was instlaled on this server, but it stopped working, so I uninstalled. Now, this is where I am when trying to reinstall. Anybody ever have this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ken

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If there is an antivirus installed, then stop the services and try the push-install/manual install again.

If this fails, then save a copy of the registry, and do a search for any entries relating to Backup Exec and delete them.

Also delete any entries on the server's drives before trying the installation again.

Thanks!

Kenneth_Wood
Level 2

Thanks for the comment Craig. I've followed the manual uninstall steps in the following link:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130940

This server does not have anti virus installed yet. I'm having issues installing Symantec Endpoint Protection as well, but that's neither here not there. Just know there is no anti-virus software installed (yet). I removed the entries in BE from the backup server when I uninstalled the remote agent, so there is no reference to the remote server on the back up server. Any other ideas?

Thanks again for taking the time.

Ken

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...any firewall on the server? If so, make sure port 10000 is open...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you post the install log pls ? Thanks.