cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Licensing - better news

Jay_Jann
Level 3
After nightmares with the portal - basically refusing my upgrade cert and customer #s - I called the Symantec UK support phone number (actually in Dublin).

It did take 40 mins on hold, but then I got a very helpful person who talked me through the problem.

In short, the Licensing Portal page wants you to become American for the day... you have to choose US, plus a state of your choice. This then lets you proceed, and you can then opt to return to the UK in the next window or so...

Crazy, and hopefully they fire the person responsible. Apparently they have been inundated for the past 3 weeks and are having to do overtime. The person I spoke to however was reassuringly experienced - better quality than on most support lines.

Haven't tried the lic key yet, but fingers crossed....Message was edited by:
Jay Jann
5 REPLIES 5

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Nice one, thanks for updating us Jay. Good to see all of us outside the US being singled out!

So I take it this is now a known resolve to the problem, or at least the problem in some situations? Would have been nice if someone from Symantec had bothered to post something on here to let everyone on the forum who have been discussing this know, and save many people (you included perhaps) from spending ages on the phone!

At least they could have posted something to this thread which has been ongoing on the subject for some time http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=69331&start=30&tstart=60, though of course it's quite possible no one above has bothered to pass this little titbit on to any of the symantec forum moderators!

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
When you say better news, do you mean better than nothing?
We're waiting for our upgrade notification to come through, but I still might wait a while to see if the licensing portal problems get solved first.

Then we'll see if they've fixed the "can't backup a clustered SQL server" problem.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Jay,

Please let us know if the earlier suggestions were hepful.

==============

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Please let us know if the earlier suggestions were hepful.

?!?!

he posts a suggestion for other luckless UK users, and you ask him if any of the responses were "helpful"??????

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
Ya' just gotta love the support responses on this board from the Symantec techs.