cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Backup Sun Solaris Server

Graham_Jackson
Level 3
Recently upgraded to 11d and now i cannot backup our Sun server as it comes up with the following error

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37912

I have tried the link which makes no difference at all.

I am currently having a licensing issue which i have had logged with MySupport for about 3 weeks now so hopefully its not related to that as i am having trouble getting it resolved.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the remote agent.

Anyone else come across this particular problem?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Graham

What agent are you using to back it up? RALUS only supports Solaris 10 on SPARC (not Intel), while the legacy free agent supports Solaris 8 and 9 on x86 32 bit machines.

Maybe the problem is compatibility

Graham_Jackson
Level 3
When i downloaded 11d i grabbed the version it had listed

BEWS_11D_LINUX-UNIX-MAC-NT4_AGENTS.tar.gz

Is this not the right one?

Graham_Jackson
Level 3
Done some checking on our Sun server as im not 100% on it anyway

I have found out that it is a SunFire v440 which is a SPARC system and should be ok.

It is also running SUN OS 5.9

Can anyone confirm?Message was edited by:
Graham Jackson

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the Hardware compatibility List to check if the version is supported:

Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers (tm) 11d (11.0) Hardware Compatibility List. Includes HCL information for supported drives, libraries, virtual tape devices, fibre-channel HBAs, switches, routers/bridges, VSS, NDMP and iSCSI components. For printing purposes, the latest version of Acrobat is recommended.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282249

Thank You,

Shweta

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Graham

As you said, you have Sun OS 5.9 on SPARC (that is Solaris 9). That version within that hardware is not supported by either agent.

Sorry, try migrating to Solaris 10

Graham_Jackson
Level 3
Went back to version 10d and all is now working again