Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change a media management option

GOLLFY
Level 2
Backup exec 12

Hello all,

Just a quick question

At the moment we have just set this up, however one of our backups stretch over to 2 tapes.  It is promping YES/NO after the first tape is full to import another tape to be loaded at about 1:30am which obviously I am not at work.  The tapes are at the moment just being put into scratch media and not in media sets.

When I go to

Tools/options
Media management

to switch off the prompt before overwriting imported media tickbox which I think will resolve my problem, when I go back it is again ticked!!!!, which obviously I dont want.

Any idea's would be greatfully recieved.

I am new to backup exec  sorr:(

Thanks
Dave
2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Dave,

Open up BEutility.exe and run a database repair to rule out any problems with that database.
When you log onto the server, do you log onto the server via a user account with full admin rights on that server? If not, you wouldn't have the necessary rights to make any changes in BEWS.

Laters!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Do you have a Loader/Library or standalone drive?

if you have a standalone, or a loader that has been partitioned, there is nothing you can do if the job exceeds one tape volume

Assuming you do have a loader, do you have the Global Overwrite set to Full or Partial rather than None?  (I've seen some really screwy things happen with None)