cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create selection list

Azad_Kamali
Level 3
Hi,

I'm using the Backup Exec Version 10 Rev 5484 sp4 on a windows 2003 server.

After applying SP 3 (I think it was after that), when I'm trying to restore some data (like SQL databases) I'll receive the message: "Unable to create selection list" exactly after pushing the submit button.

It will not affect all restore jobs but 1 from each 3.

I've recreated the catalogs many time and there was no differences.

I don't know what to do, this is being a big problem for me ...

Please help.
Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the following Document:

"Unable to create selection list" is received when performing a restore of files with a specific extension after performing an upgrade to Backup Exec 10.x.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/281822

The error "Unable to create selection list" occurs when trying to create a restore job.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279681

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Azad_Kamali
Level 3
Thank you,

But the first document won't help me as I'm going to restore SQL databases and not specific extention files.

Also I mentioned thta I've deleted my catalogs and recatalogs my tapes and again no help.

I've almost done whatever is said in Symantec forums and nothing changed and I think Symantec should suggest something new on this problem as I found many people havig that.

Thank you,

Azad_Kamali
Level 3
Bingo,
At last, reinstalling the program, solved my problem.

I made a clean install (of 10d version of BackupExec) . Then copied the catalog folder to this new installation. and after an inventory job, I could restore my data.

Azad

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update .It seems that your problem is resolved please let us know whether we can go ahead and archive this case.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Azad_Kamali
Level 3
Thank you,

Although my problem is solved, but the way it is solved was not acceptable.

I hope not to face this problem again, Or I should reinstall the whole software (and
its agents) every time I'm going to restore any data!

Robert_Schmidt_
Level 6
Hi Azad

I'm not sure I'm reading your problem correctly, but I think you're telling us you have this problem when you try to restore a second or third time. I'm guessing maybe you're using the same name for the restore job?

Try this. Before you start selecting for the restore job, go to "Edit | delete selections". If there is an entry in the list with the same name as your previous restore, delete it.

Cheers

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Azad,

can we assume that your problem is no more there?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.