cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete cache file after cancelling backup (W2K/BE v 10.0)

David_Jennings
Level 5
I'm running Backup Exec Version 10.0 on a Win 2K server. I've been experimenting trying to get the VSP to work properly and last night I put it on one of the volumes that had the most space available. Unfortunately the file grew to 70 GB, so I choose to cancel the job this morning. The backup cancelled, but now I'm unable to delete the cache file and reallocated the space. Each attempt yields a message that their is a sharing violation and that the file may be in use. I'm running Network Associates On Access Veriscan(I've heard there might be issues w/ Netshield). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to avoid a reboot as it takes a few hours for the server to come back on line.
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please reboot the server and then try deleting if you still cannot please check the event id's related to the device and any error messages if any.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.