cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install DLO on Client after installing BEW V.10 SP2

Robert_Fahlstr_
Level 3
After installation of SP2 (V10) I am not able to start the installation for DLO from the server. I have Win XP sp2 in the client´s. Starting the installation by browsing to DLOagent/setup.exe on my server. After installation I have got a new folder called "Update_10.0" wich also contains setup.exe? When doubleclicking on the setup file some kind of popup appears for a glimps of a second, that´s it. Nothing else happens. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall without luck. Tried a brand new machine with the same result. Anybody got any ideas...
7 REPLIES 7

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems you are having problems installing the DLO agent on an XP client with SP2. The push installs of DLO agent are not possible from Backup Exec for Windows Servers to Windows XP Service Pack 2 systems. Local installations of the DLO Agent can be carried out. Refer to the following technote in order to do so :

Title: How to install the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) Desktop and Laptop Option Desktop Agent
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264952

Hope this information helps you in the install. If the problem persists, do write back to the forum. However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Robert_Fahlstr_
Level 3
More info... I am browsing from my CLIENT to my SERVER.
I know that push install doesnt work with XP,SP2.
The problem is the popup that only exist for a millisecond, I have not a clue of what it says. First I thought that it was related to my "old" installation of v10 in my client but when I tried out with a brand new laptop I don´t think the problem is with the client.

Kent_Belcher
Level 3
Check the Event Manager on the WXP box and see if the windows installer dropped an event code. You can get there by right clicking on My Computer and choosing Manage from the menu. There are two places in Event Manager that may contain the data, Application and System. You can then Google the error to see if there is a fix. Typically, there is an issue with the installer version and the installer manager version on the PC.

Robert_Fahlstr_
Level 3
Thank´s for the tip. I am sorry to let you know that it did´nt help. There are no entries in the eventmanager.
More tips anybody?

Robert_Fahlstr_
Level 3
SInce it now is official that there is a problem with SP2 I would like to know how I either can uninstall SP2 (witch I dont think is possible) or how I can resolve my issue with not being able to install DLO Agent.
The original problem that led me to install SP2 was that dlochangelogsvcu.exe stole my processor. That issue is still to solve...

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please upgrade the builed to 5520:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277181
This should help you solve the problem.
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Robert_Fahlstr_
Level 3
After downloading the patch, 525Mb!!! I had to uninstall all of my remote agents due to the problem that the installer found newer version installed.
Installed the patch to the backup server and reinstalled the agents, ok
Tried to install the DLO option, but with no luck.
Looked in the file versions and found out that som of the files hasn´t been replaced during install of server.
Tried to find out wich files that should have neen replaced without luck, moved the entire folder "DLOAgent" with all subfolders to another place then repaired installation from beginning. Now I got the new files.
New version is 132B22A.
Tried out installation to clients, it works...
I still have the problem with 2 files eating my processor, but thats another thread...