cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install updates

Gene_Comer
Level 3
Attempting to install any update results in:

"The following patches need to be installed before this patch can successfully continue.

Be4691sp1.exe"

Even though Be4691RSP1_267180.exe was install some time ago, and the error occurs when try TO install that file.

This is on a Win2k3 server.

I have been unable to find anything about this elsewhere, any suggestions?
32 REPLIES 32

Charles_Byrd
Not applicable
I am having the exact same issue here.

Gene_Comer
Level 3
> Due to the complexity of this issue, we request you
> to call our support, or open a DA case.
> Please go to:
> http://support.veritas.com/

Not sure what the "complexity" is. If DA is Direct Assist, that isn't an option for me.

If you would provide someway of contacting someone who can help me (someone who isn't going to make me jump through all the hoops yet again), I'll gladly call in.

Bjorn_Eriksen
Level 2
I tried to call support regarding the SP3 installation problem, but was directed to the forum pages on the Veritas web to find the answers.
I have struggled with Symantec support for years, I fear the Veritas support now will suffer from the same bureaucratic disaster.

Gene_Comer
Level 3
That is the same thing I'm afraid of happening also. I'm not going to waste my time with a phone until they give me a way to get past that BS.

Bjorn_Eriksen
Level 2
I had more or less accepted that the solution might be to install the whole BackupExec package from scratch once more (I have spent a few evenings with that task during the last years). So, convinced that there is nothing to loose, I searched through the Patch list of Veritas and found a patched called: BE4691RHF52 275909.exe dated 23.06.2005 wich is a SP2 security roll up.
I was able to install this one on top of my BE 9.1 SP2 installation, without receiving the silly erormessage regarding SP1.
After installing that patch and a reeboot, I immediately tried to install SP3 and at this time that worked also.
I believe there must be something with the remote server agents that is causing the trouble, because the patch force us to do a new agent installation the same way as SP3 does. Well, this is not a solution to the original SP3 problem, but for me it is kind of a work around. Maybe you can try it too?

Nathan_Smallcom
Level 3
Can you please post a link to the page with this download?

Thank you.

jlgonya
Level 3
The file he is mentioning is hotfix 52

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275909.htm

Gene_Comer
Level 3
I had that HF on the system, and I swear I tried using it back when this problem first came up.

But, for whatever reason, it worked this time. Was able to install it, install SP3, and install HF 54 for SP3.

Just makes me dread the next SP. I still don't consider this answered, because I have no clue what happened.

Hector_Bravo
Level 2
It worked for me also, after I installed HF52 I could installl SP3.

Viktor_Dmitriev
Not applicable
Hello , i have a same problem , the following patches need to be installed before this patch can successfully continue be4691sp1.exe
you told that you diceded this problem by installed HF52 ,
i cant find this HF , can you send me link for this HF ? or send HF to e-mail ?
thx.

Peter_Kelly
Level 2
Hi all

I have been looking for Hotfix 9.1 but Veritas seem to have removed it. Can someone email it too me?

Is there a reason for removing this and sp3 from the downloads sections. Also how come sp3 still appears in veritas update?

c_p_2
Level 4
Check out Simon's thread titled, "Here's how you can get SP3 or SP4 to install" <>. I tried it, and it works. Note: To make the VERITAS Update icon disappear from the system tray, I had to import all the Installer values back into the Registry AND modify the two REG_MULTI_SZ settings to include the SP4 GUID .

Richard_Panek
Not applicable
I still get this message after downloading and trying to install Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 build 4691 SP4a.

This is my error message:"The following patches need to be installed before this patch can successfully continue.

Be4691sp1.exe"

Any options?