cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to look into specific inbox of mail exchange backup

sazzad
Level 4
If you can see on attached imgae that, its possible to look into whole mail database. But when i am trying to look for a specific mail box there is nothing displayed!

Its little bit strange! Please help me to get resolution for this!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are you trying to see what's inside the mailbox from a Backup window, and not from a Restore? This isn't possible. Restores yes...you'd see what you backed up to an item level.

When you want to use AOFO and a DB like SQL or Exchange is involved, it is recommended that you split the backups off as follows:

1. AOFO in the first job when backing up files and folders etc;

2. Turn AOFO off in the second job when backing up Exchange.

I'd still recommend duplicating the Information Store to disk and then browsing the contents.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi,

Are you using Advanced Open File Option in order to backup the Information Store? If so, it could explain why you can't see anything. AOFO isn't recommended for use during DB backups.

You might want to stage the backup to disk and try again.

Thanks!

sazzad
Level 4
I just have checked the backup selections & i can see that there are 3 drives selected(C, D, E).
In all drives AOFO is selected.
So, do i need to untick all of them?

CraigV

...are you trying to see what's inside the mailbox from a Backup window, and not from a Restore? This isn't possible. Restores yes...you'd see what you backed up to an item level.

When you want to use AOFO and a DB like SQL or Exchange is involved, it is recommended that you split the backups off as follows:

1. AOFO in the first job when backing up files and folders etc;

2. Turn AOFO off in the second job when backing up Exchange.

I'd still recommend duplicating the Information Store to disk and then browsing the contents.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You should backup Exchange in a separate job and turn off AOF. Don't back it up together with file backups

sazzad
Level 4
Dear Craig,

I have splitted the job into two & now it's working fine.
Thanks!

CraigV

Awesome!