cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore individual mailbox - Backup Exec 12.5

mdeno2807
Level 2
Hi all, first time poster here, so apologies if I don't provide sufficient information. Please advise if further info is required. We're running Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows 2008 server Exchange server. I'm trying to restore an individual mailbox whilst keeping the original mailbox in it's current state. The user is Joe.Bloggs. I've created a new user account/mailbox Joe.Bloggs2.

In my restore selections, I have selected the mailbox belonging to Joe.Bloggs. The resource credentials are 'System Logon Account', the same as what's used to backup.

I have nothing selected in File Redirection, I presume this is correct?
Under Microsoft Exchange Redirection, I have selected 'Redirect Exchange sets', restoring to server \\SERVER which is the the current Exchange server that hosts the mailboxes.
I have selected 'Redirect mailboxes or public folders', restoring to Mailbox 'Joe.Bloggs2' - the newly created user account/mailbox. It is using the System Logon Account to access this Mailbox.

I have nothing selected under 'Redirect using Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) snapshot provider', or 'Redirect public folder sets'.

I have deselected 'Dismount database before restore' and selected 'Mount database after restore and commit after restore completes'.

When the backup runs, it fails with the following error:

Final error: 0xe00002fc - Cannot restore one or more mailboxes. The database that the mailboxes reside in is dismounted or is not accessible. Ensure that the server is available and that the database is mounted, and then run the job again.

V-79-57344-764 - Unable to restore any content for Joe.Bloggs2 because the Microsoft Exchange database that hosts that mailbox is offline or the mailbox doesn't exist. The database is online

Any ideas, or pointers as to where I'm going wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mdeno2807
Level 2
I've figured out where I as going wrong, I should have been using Joe Bloggs2 as the Mailbox, not Joe.Bloggs2 (space, instead of dot). It's been running for 20+ minutes now and I can see the emails restoring into the newly created mailbox.

Stupid mistake!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mdeno2807
Level 2
Apologies, should have added, it's Exchange 2007.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you using the system logon account to perform the backup ?
Make sure you use the same account which you use for backup
The account which you are using should have the following rights
Domain admin
Exchange organization admin role
the mailbox for the account should not be hidden --if the account is hidden remove the hidden attirbute
Should have the send as and recive as rights

mdeno2807
Level 2
Yes, the System Logon Account is used to backup also.

The System Logon Account is our Domain Admin account.

The mailbox is not hidden, and I have now given the System Logon Account full access permissions....however, it's still not working.

mdeno2807
Level 2
I've figured out where I as going wrong, I should have been using Joe Bloggs2 as the Mailbox, not Joe.Bloggs2 (space, instead of dot). It's been running for 20+ minutes now and I can see the emails restoring into the newly created mailbox.

Stupid mistake!