cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Backup Exec 9.1 Server

Lyle_Magdalin1
Not applicable
Hi folks,

I am looking to upgrade a Backup Exec 9.1 server running on Windows NT 4 to Windows Server 2003. This server is having issues so I would like to completely format the drives before installing Windows Server 2003 and then reinstall BackupExec.

Does anyone have advice on how I can save/export the BackupExec info (ie - job definitions, devices, media rotations, etc...) before I wipe the server, and then import the configuration data into the new Backup Exec installation? I see Veritas has a utility (BEMIG) for upgrading from 8.6 to 9.x, but that doesn't apply to what I'm doing here. Is it just a matter of saving the SQL databases and then importing them?

Thanks in advance,
Lyle.
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/260054.htm

Be sure to check the "Do Not Use This If ..." near the top of the page.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi Lyle,

In case your query is still unresolved, or you need further assistance on this issue, feel free to write back. If you do not require further assistance, we will mark this case as "assumed answered" and move it to answered questions pool.

Have a nice day!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.