cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 8.6 to 10 using SSO and MS clustered SQL

Alastair_Stuart
Not applicable
I have 3 questions.

We have a backup SAN running Backup Exec 8.6 with SSO and SQL agents, which I am poised to upgrade to v10.0. Amongst other servers the SAN contains two MS Windows 2000 Clusters (Test and Production), the clustered applications on both being SQL 2000 and SAP R3. I have run the VxValidator Tool on all servers in the SAN. I have upgraded MDAC to version 2.80 on all servers.

1. On one of the Production cluster nodes VxValidator complains that the cluster contains SQL version 6 or 7 which is not compatible with the version of MDAC used by BE 10. This is probably because in the past the version of SQL on this cluster was Version 7 but it has since been upgraded to SQL 2000.
I am keen to know in advance whether this will stop the upgrade from going ahead, as once I have upgraded the ADAMM server it will be too late to go back.

2. Also on the other Production cluster node the VxValidator falls over with a Visual C++ runtime Error. I am also hoping that this will not stop the upgrade.

3. Finally, I currently run Backup Exec 8.6 on the cluster nodes in a non-clustered role, i.e I do not want the installation to be cluster aware and failover if the cluster fails over. Will the install allow me to install BE10 on each cluster node as a non clustered application?
1 REPLY 1

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Alastair

We recommend you to get in touch with us regarding the install issue telephonically or via the email support. Check support.veritas.com for more details.

It is possible to install a cluster unaware backup exec.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.