cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from BEX 12.0 to BEX2010

Strathbogie
Level 2

I have a BEX12.0 system - I would like to upgrade it to 2010 as simply as possible.

What steps should I take to acheive this?

I am a newbie at this so all assistance gratefully received.

Strathbogie.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Get the licence keys for BE 2010.  These are different from the keys used in BE 12.  If you have a current maintenance contract, you can get them for free from Symantec Licencing.

2) Stop all the BE services and the BEDB instance.

3) Make a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory.  This is in case of failure during the upgrade process.

4) Install BE 2010.  The latest version is BE 2010 R2

5) After the successful installation of BE 2010 R2, go to Tools --> LiveUpdate to install SP1.  Repeat running LU until there are no more updates.

6) Push out the remote agents to  your remote servers.

You would probably need to re-boot all your servers after the install.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Get the licence keys for BE 2010.  These are different from the keys used in BE 12.  If you have a current maintenance contract, you can get them for free from Symantec Licencing.

2) Stop all the BE services and the BEDB instance.

3) Make a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory.  This is in case of failure during the upgrade process.

4) Install BE 2010.  The latest version is BE 2010 R2

5) After the successful installation of BE 2010 R2, go to Tools --> LiveUpdate to install SP1.  Repeat running LU until there are no more updates.

6) Push out the remote agents to  your remote servers.

You would probably need to re-boot all your servers after the install.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Stop SQL server BKUPEXEC servie on the Media server and take a backup of DATA & CATALOGS

folder located at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec.

The above step is just to be on a safer side, in case anything goes wrong during installation you 

can build the software without losing any data.

Next is run the installation of BE2010 R2. After installation is done run live update to install all 

the latest hotfixes. Also you need to update the remote agents.

/* EDIT: I am late to reply frown */

Strathbogie
Level 2

I will try this early tomorrow morning.  - thanks for the rapid response

Strathbogie.