cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade vom BE2012 to 2014: Environment check hangs

SG
Level 4

Dear Forum,

I have a Windows Server 2008R2 Standard in English with Backup Exec 2012 (V.14.0 Rev.1798 64bit) with Service Pack 4 and all available Hotfixes installed - at least the Live Update doesn't offer any further updates.

Now I want to upgrade this Backup Exec installation to Backup Exec 2014 (V.14.1 SP2) (using this media Backup_Exec_2014_14.1_SP2_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.iso) but am already struggling with the "Environment Check 2.0".

This check runs since hours and won't stop:

11-03-2015 13-31-35.png

The only hint I found regarding such a problem is Article:TECH213591 but this article ends with "Upgrade or install with Backup Exec 2014 SP1 media".

But I'm already using a SP2 media...

So any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
 SG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SG
Level 4

Finally I found a solution after disabling the AntiVirus software and running the Installer as Administrator (which I already did) didn't solve the issue.

I remembered that I had a similar situation lots of years ago with another version of Backup Exec. There a disabling of the network connection for some seconds solved the problem.

Now it was the same: Disabling the network connection for 5 seconds finished the environment check successfully and the installation itself also suceeded.

Isn't it a bit weird that it seems that this bug still exists since lots of years!?

Best regards,
 SG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If running any AV, temporarily disable it. Also, rerun the installer with elevated privileges, i.e. using Run As Admin. you could cancel the current running setup via the task manager..

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,

If this is still a problem check BKUPINST.HTM in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\ and post the errors

DonAlonso
Not applicable
I have a similar Problem but no solution yet. No useful LOG in the Folder C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\ You can look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\SymcPush\Status to see where it hangs. My Installation hangs with 68% and LicenseKeys.

SG
Level 4

Finally I found a solution after disabling the AntiVirus software and running the Installer as Administrator (which I already did) didn't solve the issue.

I remembered that I had a similar situation lots of years ago with another version of Backup Exec. There a disabling of the network connection for some seconds solved the problem.

Now it was the same: Disabling the network connection for 5 seconds finished the environment check successfully and the installation itself also suceeded.

Isn't it a bit weird that it seems that this bug still exists since lots of years!?

Best regards,
 SG