cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from 11 to 12 and cannot backup the media server without crashing

MPulaski
Level 2
My problem boils down to the fact that I cannot backup the server actually running the BE 12 software.  It is a W2K3 Server and also running Exchange 2003, which seems to be a common theme.  But even if I cut out trying to backup Exchange and just try to back up the C: drive, that fails, too.  I've turned off snap shots and just about anything else to try and make it as plain as possible.

I tried uninstalling and deleting all files and registry entries associated with Backup Exec.  Still have the same problem:  can backup up anything BUT the server running BE 12.  It will ALWAYS FAIL with an error stating that remote agent cannot be located, blah, blah, blah.

The remote agent is running and when the backup scan starts, it bombs and crashes the remote agent service on the media server.  But if I backup remote servers, it works with no problems.

If I make a job to backup the media server and ONLY choose the C: drive, that doesn't even work.  It either does the "snapshot processing" into infinity or it bombs with the remote agent error.

Ran BE 11 on this box for about a year with no problems.  Upgraded to 12 and it worked once for my overnight backup and since then, it just won't work.  My last resort is phone technical support, but I was hoping somebody with some brains and that doesn't speak English as their 4th language could help me out here ;)
0 REPLIES 0