cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Evaluation version to licensed and now backups do not work.

Mike_Rebich
Level 3
I just upgraded from an evalution version of Backup Exec for Windows Servers, and entered my serial number. When I went to run one of our backup jobs to make sure it still worked I get the error, "The job failed with the following error: Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec." The backup job pulls from a set of network shares. We do not have an agent installed on any of the computers where these shares exist and did not have one before when using the evaluation version. Is there a different version of BackupExec that we need or perhaps a different license. Please let me know how I can resolve this problem ASAP.

-Mike
5 REPLIES 5

scott_price
Not applicable
you need to put in the license # for the remote agent and it should recognize your shares, as well I guess version 10. only likes IP address for share names

Mike_Rebich
Level 3
I am still confused on the nature of the Remote Agent, and/or Remote Agent License. When using the evaluation version of BackupExec we did not install any Remote Agent on the Remote server, but it worked fine. Now that we have licensed BackupExec with our purchased copy and S/N everyone is telling us that we need a Remote Agent and/or Remote Agent License. Is this just a number that we enter into the BackupExec server so that we can pull backups from that specific remote server, or do we actually need to install a Remote Agent onto that remote server? Why did we not need a Remote Agent installed on the remote server when using the evaluation version?

Mike_Rebich
Level 3
Also, how do I enter the Remote Agent License into the BackupExec Server? I have pushed the Remote Agent installation to the remote server, but I cannot figure out how to enter the Remote Agent License.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi Mike,

Figure 1,2,3 show you how to install remote agent license keys or any other license keys.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253058

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Mike_Rebich
Level 3
Thank you for your reponce. I beleive that answers my question. We are still waiting on our Remote Agent License, but everything makes sense now. Thanks again.

-Mike