cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading all Remote Agents any easier way?

Deatheye
Level 5
Hello

I allready know, that I can select the option to install an remote agent on a system, and it then tells me there allready is one installed but I could update that version.
Know in a big Update environment that's quit an anoying way to update all systems.

In our Backup environment there are severell domains. And a lot of systems. The different Domains also need different authentication. Is there an easier way to upgrade all the Agents which are used?

I really would like it, if I yould just start a job which would use the authentication information that the backup exec media server allready uses for backups and upgrade every remote agent in use.

Is there anything like this? Right know we propably have some very old agents still running somewhere...
3 REPLIES 3

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
What version of Backup Exec are you running?  There might be an easy way to do it

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Why not select a server in a particular domain from your backup selection list. From there, right-click it, and choose the option to upgrade the agent. It gives you the option of adding additional servers, and I would then add in the remaining servers in that particular domain. That way you will use the same settings and user account for authentication.

Deatheye
Level 5
Version 12.5

Well I can't use the same authentication on all systems. Cause there are different Domains, or systems that are stand alone.
And there are a lot of systems. Adding everyone would take quit some time. And higher the change I miss one.. somewehere...

The way you suggesting would only save me to enter the auth, and I would need to repeate that for every domain and system that's not part of an domain. Still would allready be an improvement. But not quit what I was hopping for.