cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from 8.6 to 9.1

artw
Level 2
I am upgrading from BE 8.6 to 9.1 in a Windows 2000 server environment. BE 9.1 will be installed on a Win2k member server. My question relates to Exchange 5.5.

We currently use Exchange 5.5 on a Windows NT 4.0 server. Since this is a legacy product, are there any incompatibilities or problems using the BE Exchange 9.1 agent, the Exchange 5.5 Admin program and Outlook 2000 mail client on the 2000 server to backup Exchange 5.5 Directory, Information Store and mailboxes on the Windows NT 4.0 server?
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
According to http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261695.htm , v9.1 supports both NT4 and Exchange 5.5

artw
Level 2
Thanks, I had already checked the Compatibility list and will go with that information, I was just curious to know if anyone else was actually doing that.

Level 2
We do exactly that and have not found any problems.

Clearly, 9.1 has been designed to work for this configuration - legacy or not. I find that these 'legacy' products seem to have fewer problems with 3rd party software such as BE, as they are not continuously changing!

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Since you have referred to the compatibility list. Please revert to us stating whether the problem has been resolved.

"NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived."

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply