cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 11d

FWA
Not applicable
I have recently purchased a HP 1/8 Ultrium3 autochanger and find that while the Ultrium2 version is supported in BE 9.1 this one is not and I have to upgrade the software!
Do I also have to upgrade my remote, exchange and SQL agents to version 11, and shell out lots more money too!!
3 REPLIES 3

Daffy_Duck
Level 3
Hello FWA

Yes unfortunatly you need to upgrade everything, the reason is pretty simple to explain. When your Backup Exec for Windows Server (BEWS) version was released there was no existence of the HP autolader on the market, this one you got is not only a brand new but also a new generation tape autoloader, that requires support from both Hardware manufacturer and Software Application.

First of all you need to upgrade the main BEWS console and rigth after that you migth need to upgrade all of the options (clients), that's what best practices indicates.

GOIC_Admin
Level 1
Hello ,

I am in a phase to upgrade BE 10D to BE 11D , does anyone of you has any documentation related to upgrade?

Bunch of Thanks in advance

HMalik

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You will need a v11d version of every serial you have (RAWS/SQL/Exchange/Oracle/Notes/RALUS etc)

Then just install on top of the v10 code and everything should be migrated forward  (jobs, schedules, selection lists etc)