cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Backup exec 2010 to backup Synology DS207+ shared folders

dc108
Level 2
V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine Diskstation.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
V-79-57344-65277 - AOFO: Initialization failure on "\\Diskstation\xxx". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Remote Agent not detected on Diskstation.
It said:
Completed status: Completed with exceptions.I am trying to using Backup exec 2010 to backup a network storage Synology DS207+ shared folders, it cannot be completed.  The exception is captured below.  Anyone can help me out on this?
5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
The workaround to be implement is to backup CIFS using NTBackup on Media server and then BKF files backup to Tape using BE.
officially BE does not support this type of functionality where there is no Agent(of Application) installed on the remote server.I beleive it not listed in the compatibility list as well .

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
I guess  Synology DS207 is a NAS box. You cannot install Remote agent on  NAS.

The backups will compelete with the above exceptions.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Oops i read it incorrect !!! you will always get this warning as there is no remote agent installed .
But all the files are getting backed up .message can be ignored
refer document
http://support.veritas.com/docs/323311

dc108
Level 2
Thx guys, but the job wasn't completed as I have checked the size was so little compare to the source size.  I have tried to use the user-defined method too, but still no luck.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Make sure you add the Backup Exec service account to the NAS box and give full permission to the account.