cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-33928 Access is Denied on Exchange

jimatbaylake
Level 2
We're using Backup Exec v10d and everything worked fine until four days ago.  Now I receive Access Denied messages on all Calendar and Mailbox items.  The logon account is a Domain Administrator with total access rights.  Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Paul_Jeal
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Then the question is what happened 4 days ago or since the last backup ran successfully, that has changed the access? The account need sto have Exchange Administration rights as well as Domain. Has there been a change of the account being used in the backup job or has there been a change in the Exchange configuration?

jimatbaylake
Level 2

The only thing that I can think of is our anti-virus definitions(we use Symantec for that also).  We've always used the same Logon Account, but I didn't take that for grantid.  I ran tests from the Resource Credentials and they all came back - Successful.  I suspected that a Microsoft update may have done something, but we haven't fired off an update since February 4th.

jimatbaylake
Level 2
I also forgot to mention that I created a restore job, using the same logon account, and it worked fine.

Paul_Jeal
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Did you actually restore emails then or was that just testing again with the Resource Credentials? What version of Exchange are you backing up, is that on a remote server, what is the actual error you get and do you get any byte count for Exchange data or does it skip everything?