Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

Mikkel_Larsen_2
Level 2
Hi
I am running Veritas backupexec 10d
media server ver. 10,1 rev. 5629
and i am trying to backup mailboxes from an Exchange 2003, service pack 2 (6.5.7638.1)

I have setup a backup account (named backup), with ex-admin/domain admin/domain backup rights.
under job setup i have checked the credentials test says ok.

i further get this error:
Access denied to file Sarah Wong Top of Information StoreInboxCIFACMail Transaction Failed.
The item \\"servername"\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Sarah Wong Top of Information StoreInboxCIFAC�〰〰〰〰㌷敡㔲扤㘲㉤㝦㠴摡㠰㠴㐴㜷攲㘶〰㜰〰扥づ㡡晦㝤づ㤱㜴捡愵昹ㄷ愷ち挴ぢ〰〰〰㈱㐳㥢〰〰扥づ㡡晦㝤づ㤱㜴捡愵昹ㄷ愷ち挴ぢ〰〰〰㐱㕦〴〰〰Mail Transaction Failed in use - skipped.

how do i resolve this ?
6 REPLIES 6

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-- Create a new selection list and also try backingup only mailbox of Sarah Wong.

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri

Mikkel_Larsen_2
Level 2
I have tried to make a new backup job,with a new selection list both for a single mailbox (sarah wong), and all mailboxes

that does not solve the problem

Nicholas_DeLuca
Not applicable
I am receiving the same error messages:

Access denied to file Gregory P. Canova Top of Information StoreSent ItemsFW: Your Password.
The item \\CRONOS\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Gregory P. Canova Top of Information StoreSent ItemsŒ〰〰〰〰㕤㐳愹敥㈳摥㍦搴ㅢ㐳愹㈹㥤摥㤸㡡㜰〰㘸昷慡愴㌰戶㘳愴ち㡦㔴㐱慤ㅣㄹㅤ〰〰〰〰㔷㘵〰〰㡥昴㜵㘶㑦扥㤵㠴挸扦㜶㐷㡦戰昴㈰〰〰〰㜵㈵ㄱ〰〰FW: Your Password in use - skipped.

also,

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory John Romeo Top of Information StoreInboxTechnical Support and its subdirectories.

What can be causing this?

Boris_shargorod
Not applicable
I have essentially the same problem. v-79-57344-33928. It started on Dec 2, 2006
Prior to that day backup worked fine , except of known NDMP message.

I am using Veritas Backup v10d, I am backing up Exchange 2003, service pack 2

The message I am getting is:
Access denied to file firstname lastname . Top of Information Store. Contacts (name of particular contact)

The access fails to the most users but not all users Contact folders. Also, for each user random Contacts are backed up but most do not.

I keep looking into this problem but would appreciate any help in resolving this.

Dominic_Bolger
Level 3
Have any of you that are having problems done any Windows Updates that could e causing the problem??

A few suggestions

-- Make sure that the account you are using for backup has the correct admin rights for Exchange

-- make sure the items that you are having problems with are readable in outlook (not corrupt)

-- make sure that no special permissions have been added or removed to users mailbox folders.

-- Make sure that the user who's mailbox is being backed up is NOT in use.

Generally, I have found that the problem files are either in use at the time, or are corrupt items.

Hope this helps

Dominic

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Also check any AV software which might be running at the same time either on the client or the server doing a scheduled scan, as I remember seeing incidents of that causing issues like this in the past.