cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

Graham_Hurst
Level 3
V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

The item \\servername\Shadow?Copy?Components\System?Service\File Server Resource Manager\FSRM Global Configuration in use - skipped.

I am running W2003 server R2, Symantec 10d sp2.

None of the Symantec solutions posted in the knowledge base work, I have tried them all including running the reports etc etc.

None of the patches recommended are newer than is already on the O/S with R2.

None of the advanced options solve the problem either - back up when not using AFO.

The problem is with the FSRM service. If the service is stopped the back up (of the system state components) is successful if the service is running the backup fails.
Windows NT backup does not fail with the service started which suggests the problem lies with the Symantec software.

Has any one had a fix yet?
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the following Document:

When performing System State backups with the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) installed, Quota Reports are not generated and the job will fail.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/284211

Thank You,

Shweta

Graham_Hurst
Level 3
As I said in my first post IT DOESNT WORK!! NONE of the posts or fixes work.

FSRM service - If the service is stopped the back up (of the system state components) is successful if the service is running the backup fails.
Windows NT backup does not fail with the service started which suggests the problem lies with the Symantec software

RiversideKid
Level 3
I am in the same boat, the veritas article referenced 284211, tells me to run a quota report so the directory in question is not empty.... but the quota report does not by default save anything to that directory. I copied the resultant files to the directory in question manually, but the next backup still fails with the same error.

Graham_Hurst
Level 3
Hi,

The only solution at present is to stop the service.

No good if you want to manage quotas however, unless you use a 3rd party product.

Come on Symantec get your finger out!!!