cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V10d Extremely slow restore

lsd_1979
Level 2
I am experiencing really slow restore times when i create a restore job that restores back to the original location overwriting existing files. (10 x slower)

But if i create the same restore job but redirect it to another folder on the same server the restore time is fine.

I am using Symantec V10d, fully updated. On a windows 2003 server With AIT Turbo Tape drive.
3 REPLIES 3

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

What data is being restored? Are you restoring any databases? Is it a remote restore? Could you tell us what throughput you get for redirected restores and what is the throughput for direct restores? Have you selected the verify option during backups?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

lsd_1979
Level 2
Hello,

data that is being restored is a mixture of files, word docs, opera database files(these arn't server based databases)
No the restore is local. and the verify option is selected on the backups

The throughput rate on the redirected restore is 354.00 MB/Min

and i'll check the restore rate on the direct restore but from memory is was something like 30.00 MB/Min

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello there!

Did you do a redirected restore of the files on the same (local) server?

Have you tried to break the restore job into smaller jobs maybe according to the resource type / size?

Are there any errors in the event logs?

Regards, Ashutosh NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.