cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VFF Driver not installing

Scott_Paananen
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I seem to be getting and error that the VFF Driver is not installed. When tring to preform a backup of my exchange server

I've followed the steps outlined on sereral different threads, most of them require me to uninstall my exchange agent, reboot then reinstall the agent and reboot.  I've done this serveral times and the driver is still not being installed on my backup server.

The driver appears to be on the exchange server,  I've ran the FLTMC command, i can see "VirtFile" in the output form that command.  But when I run it on my backup server, the  "VirtFile" is not showing up.

Can some one please advise me what i can try next?

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Verbatim from a KB-

The VFF driver is installed when installing any of the following Backup Exec agents or options & needs to be installed on the BE media server as well....

Exchange Agent
Active Directory Recover Option
VMware Virtual Infrastructure

Take a look at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH49376

Scott_Paananen
Level 3

I have the agent installed. i  have also reinstalled the agent, several times. When i check to see if the driver is installed, by runnin gFLTMC or msinfo32.exe The driver is not installed on my Backup server.  This is where the exchange agent is installed. On my exchange server, teh VFF driver is installed.

I am wondering why it won't show up on my BE server.  Even thou i have The Exchange Agent installed.

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee
1. Copy VirtFile.sys, VirtFile.inf and VirtApi.dll files from any other Backup Exec media server to root to this Media server

(make sure its running same version and update level \or search for them on exch server)

2. Right click virtfile.inf and hit install

3. Restart Backup Exec services.

Scott_Paananen
Level 3

Thanks,

When i run the FLTMC command Virtfile is now listed.

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Great!! That should fix the error "VFF Driver is not installed."