Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware GRT enabled job stuck at backing up system state

paul_tittel
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

We are having problems with the GRT-enabled Backup Job of our VMWare environment. We have two different jobs to back up our virtual machines. One with GRT disabled works just fine but the other one with GRT enabled get stuck at different server always at backing up the system state. 

Our virtual enviroment ist running at vmware 5.1

Thanks for any help!

6 REPLIES 6

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the version of Backup Exec. Have you applied SP2 for BE 2012 or SP3 for BE 2010 and updated all the remote agents (in the VMs for GRT)

Edit: If you allow the job to run anyways, does it fail? If so what is the error message?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

To start with i would suggest you to run Live update and get all the backup exec updates installed 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH208600

paul_tittel
Level 2
Partner

Hello again an thanks for the fast response.

Its a new installation of Backup Exec 2012 SP2. The old Backup Server was running BE2010. All components (VCenter, ESXi, BE2012, Windows Server, Windows Agents) are up to date. The job just gets stuck at backing up the System State at the file tracking.log. At first i thougt it might be a problem with the virtual machine but it happens with different virtual machines. The only chance to stop the job is to stop the BE services or reboot the server.

180px_EDIT.JPG

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

Paul,

Vmware 5.1 is supported from Backup Exec 2012 SP2. So as suggested by Jaydeep, please install SP2 and push he updates to all the agents.

Thanks

paul_tittel
Level 2
Partner

Hello Rahul,

as I wrote... all Agents are up to date already.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Paul, not sure what tracking.log is or does. If everytime the job is stuck on the same file, there might be some process writing to it or the file may be in use.