cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification hangs in Information Store

Akira_Kato
Level 4
We have a newly installed copy of BE11d on SBS2000. Backup seems to run fine but verification gets to Information Store and never finishes. This happened twice (100% of the time so far) and cancellation does not go through either. One time we had to reboot the server to reset Job Engine service that got stuck at "stopping." I have disabled verification and had a successful backup but that is not our normal practice. Can someone help troubleshoot this? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

T_K
Level 4
after rebooting, did you check the job log or history for that job? Corrupt items usually can't get verified. Or if someone is using the file while backup is running, it'll see it as corrupt too.

I have a similar issue that I might open up.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
I turned verification off.

Akira_Kato
Level 4
Both times I had to restart the services to stop the job so job log did not have a chance to complete writing. The last entry is verification of Information Store and I cannot get any more details. I have turned off verification to see if that makes a difference and backup has been running successfully. But we always verify so I would like to be able to run it with verification to ensure integrity of backup data. Anything I can check to make it work with verification? Thanks

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
I know what you are saying but I'm waiting for a patch, in the meantime I am doing a random test restore once a week.

Akira_Kato
Level 4
Has anyone tried Hotfix 11? It says it's supposed to fix Exchange restore related issues but since I only have a problem when I verify, I thought this may address my issue.

T_K
Level 4
What issues does this hotfix resolve?
Exchange IS Backup to Tape with GRT enabled may not display all items for restore
Restore of Exchange IS Mail items using GRT may not correctly restore attachments or embedded items
Restore of Exchange IS Mail items using GRT may result in corrupt or missing mail messages
Restore of a Mailbox from GRT data results in the Remote Agent Stopping on the Media Server
Access Denied to Random AD objects when backing up (tape only)
After applying hotfix 6 DFSR replicated folders do not show the correct data

Looks like it's only for GRT enabled configurations. Do you have 64-bit or 32-bit version?