cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View user who's been running jobs

itsupport123
Level 3

Hi,

I had a look at the the properties of the job history but I don't think it tells you which user has executed the job.  Is there a way to find out this information?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

This is not possible. As any logon account that has permission on the Backup Exec server to get to the console of Backup Exec can execute a Run now. The only thing that we could think about in this regards is if we created a logon account as "restricted" in Backup Exec. Any other account would not be able to edit the selection list. However he would be able to run a manual Run Now. So care has to be taken while giving administrative rights on the Backup exec server.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Could you be more precise ? As in would you like to know the logon account that initiated the Backup Job(Run Now) or would like to know the user account that was used to backup the respective resources ?

itsupport123
Level 3

Sorry I wanted to know the logon account that initiated the backup job.

Thanks.

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

This is not possible. As any logon account that has permission on the Backup Exec server to get to the console of Backup Exec can execute a Run now. The only thing that we could think about in this regards is if we created a logon account as "restricted" in Backup Exec. Any other account would not be able to edit the selection list. However he would be able to run a manual Run Now. So care has to be taken while giving administrative rights on the Backup exec server.  

itsupport123
Level 3

Interesting.  Maybe this should be implemented in the future for compliance point of view?

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

You could post this in the Idea section. Please refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65130

itsupport123
Level 3

Thanks