cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware with GRT and Windows Files/Folder Backup job

r3tr0x
Level 3

Hi,

I have an issue here. I have a scheduled job to backup the following backup selections.

This backup job type is for Windows Files/Folders, scheduled to run on Friday (Full),   Sunday, Mon, Tues,Wed, Thurs (Differential)

FILESERVER10,

- D:\ (1TB)

- E:\ (2TB)

- F:\ (1TB)

I have created a VMware with GRT backup for FILESERVER10, that backs up C:\ (OS)

- Thus backing up the C:\ 60GB OS vmdk with GRT on Friday (testing).

After backing up with VMware, i noticed BACKUP EXEC has deleted the scheduled job or rather it just went missing for Files / Folders Backup for FILESERVER10.

Does anyone has any clue to this missing back up job? after creating a VMware backup the normal backup for windows disappeared. I'm using Backup Exec 2012 SP4, running on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any errors under the windows event viewer ? Is there an error "query for job view failed" at the lower left-side of the Backup Exec UI ?

Consider running a repair of the Backup Exec DB using this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67239 and also run a repair of Backup Exec via the Programs & Features applet.

If the above does not help, would recommend to log a formal support case for us to review further.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any errors under the windows event viewer ? Is there an error "query for job view failed" at the lower left-side of the Backup Exec UI ?

Consider running a repair of the Backup Exec DB using this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67239 and also run a repair of Backup Exec via the Programs & Features applet.

If the above does not help, would recommend to log a formal support case for us to review further.

r3tr0x
Level 3

There are no errors in event viewer, no error at all.

I have tried the repair of Exec DB and have re-simulated the exact steps, the backup job for windows files and folders still retained after backing up via VM. Issue somehow solved. Thank you.