cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Shadow Copy Erorrs

anthony_richard
Level 3
Partner Accredited

A client of mine has had a backup which has been failing for a while.  We are now on the last set of error messages but as of yet have not managed to resolve the issue.  The job completion status within the job log is below:

Job ended: 09 November 2012 at 07:38:53
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

An example of an error message which appears is

Backup- \\pd-file.premierdec.com\Shadow?Copy?Components
Directory User?Data\Distributed File System Replication\DfsrReplicatedFolders\Data\Data\Apps\BOOKPAC\ was not found, or could not be accessed. None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up. V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed. V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \User?Data\Distributed File System Replication\DfsrReplicatedFolders\Data\Data\Apps\BOOKPAC\Docs and its subdirectories.

I have re-created the selection list,

installed all updates pushed them out to the pd-file server,

rebooted the backup & pd-file server

Changed advanced open file options so I move between automatically select open file technology to allow vss to select the snapshot provider.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check the below link to resolve the issue

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87943

I presume you are doing backup of DFSR data under shadow copy components selection and not from the drive.

Hope that helps

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check the below link to resolve the issue

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87943

I presume you are doing backup of DFSR data under shadow copy components selection and not from the drive.

Hope that helps

Thanks

anthony_richard
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the reply.  I will give this a go and see if it helps.

Anthony