cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VxVSSProvider error when running a job using AOFO.

Michael_Pietr1
Level 3
I am receiving the error that is described in the following knowledge base article...

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/281292.htm

Final error: 0xe0008527 - VERITAS Storage Foundation for Windows (VSFW) unexpectedly failed. Check that the VSFW service is running, and check the status of existing disk groups and volumes.

Anyways, the article says to reference another article found here...

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269886.htm

In each case it states to run this command from a command prompt...

1. Open the Command prompt on the server on which you are getting error.
2. Run the command VxVSSProvider /regserver
(This command registers the Volume Shadow Copy service.)

Well, what am I doing wrong because each time I enter in that command, it comes back and tells me that VxVSSProvider is not a valid command.

Any ideas BackupExec tech support?

Michael
1 REPLY 1

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

-Verify the Volume Shadow copy services have started. Go to Start -->Run --> type "services.msc.
Verify in the services windows that the VSS is started... If it not started, then start it manually.

-Verify 'Shadow Copies' has initialized properly
- Go to the properties of the respective drive (e.g.) C: and click the Shadow Copies tab.If it shows errors like "initialization failed" then you may need to contact Microsoft for further troubleshooting with VSS.

-Execute VSSADMIN command on the server where the error is reported to determine if all the writers are in a stable state : Please do this on the SOLSTICE5 server.
To determine what writers are currently running, follow the instructions given below:
1. Open a command window by clicking Start | Run, typing cmd, and then clicking OK.
2. Type VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS at the command prompt and press the ENTER key
This will return a list of writers currently running on the system. If you find any errors in the writers state, it is recommended to reboot the server. If the reboot does not succeed in changing the state of the write then you may need to contact Microsoft.

Best regards,
Shilpa