cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSS 3.0 Restore with Sharepoint Agent for 11D

MacLEOD
Level 4
OK,

I have been using the Sharepoint agent for Backup Exec 11D and it has been reporting sucessful backups.

I have been asked to restore a few files under a site.

I get a  sucessful resturn on the restore but the site does not show up.

I have also tried a redirect to flat file, the folder show up to that site name but no files under it.

The backup shows the files being backed up but I am not having luck trying to pull the data files out.

Any ideas on that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Note that WSS 3.0 SP1 or SP2 is not supported by BE 11d.  Only the plain vanilla WSS 3.0 is supported. See the SCL below

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/286600.pdf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MacLEOD
Level 4

While I am waiting on Hold for support .

I have tried to restore the files in question to a seperate server as flat file redirections.  This would restore the folders but not the files.

I have got last night backup and am testing a different file to restore.  A file from within the sharepoint and one outside just a regular file redirecting it to the same redirectoin location.

The flat file has restored properly.
The Sharepoint files, restored the folders structor but once again the files are not there.

Job file said sucess:
--------

Byte count          : 68,327,150,543 bytes Job rate            : 0.00 MB/Min(Byte count of all backup sets divided by Elapsed time for all backup sets)
Files               : 1 
Directories         : 6 
Skipped files       : 0 
Corrupt files       : 0 
Files in use        : 0
--------

No Joy...

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Note that WSS 3.0 SP1 or SP2 is not supported by BE 11d.  Only the plain vanilla WSS 3.0 is supported. See the SCL below

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/286600.pdf

MacLEOD
Level 4
Some information that should be known:

As per tech support:
11D -
File structor should be recreated if not restoring a single file
* Redirect to flatfile should be to a location on that same Share point server (though yet to test this out)

Because:

** You should never stop a Restore on a WSS restore **  it can be bad... BAD

To retore a site, you must have a WSS site to restore it too.
So recreate a WSS site that is using the same DB name.
Then you should be able to restore the full DB to the existing server.

- The restore is very slow so you could consider that warning.