cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the icon in View by Resource means

S_T_2
Level 4
I'm trying to figure out what the server icon w/a small windows attached to it means when looking at all the computers listed in the View by Resources in BE for WIndows Servers.

I have 2 servers that have this special icon display and i have no idea why/what for.

Thanks!
ST
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It is not an icon for cluster. This icon is shown for servers, which have remote agent utility configured to publish to this media server. In order to check, publishing, go to remote agent utility on the target server and go to publishing tab and check if publishing for media server is enabled. Publishing is a feature by which it becomes easier for media server to detect the target servers in backup. These servers should also be visible under favourite resources, in selection list.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

If it's a cluster, that's the virtual server. The 2 nodes would look like the other icons.
You can back up off this virtual server by itself instead of both nodes.

Laters!

S_T_2
Level 4
HI CraigV.

i'm pretty sure its not a cluster.  They are actual single servers. not virtuals.  where can i check to see if it is a cluster?
Thanks.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It is not an icon for cluster. This icon is shown for servers, which have remote agent utility configured to publish to this media server. In order to check, publishing, go to remote agent utility on the target server and go to publishing tab and check if publishing for media server is enabled. Publishing is a feature by which it becomes easier for media server to detect the target servers in backup. These servers should also be visible under favourite resources, in selection list.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

S_T_2
Level 4
Wierd!! i dont know how this wouldv'e been turned on in the first place or really what its used for but now i know.
THANKS!!
ST