cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Whats is all mean and how's it all go together

Tom_Jericho
Level 2
Hi

So, I've bough hte licences, downloaded the software, read the guides... now could somebody please point me in the right direction?!

What iv got:
1 x Windows 2003 server with MS Exchange 2003
1 x Windows 2003 server with SQL and is the main file-share server
1 x Windows 2003 server ready to put all the backup stuff on, connected to a SAN storage device via MS iSCSI
(will be shortly adding 2 more sites, each with a Win 2003 SQL server and a Win 2003 file server, connection over a VPN)
I (think) I have sucessfully picked my way though the licensing, and have got my license numbers and have downloaded the following files:
BESR801_AllWin_English_SrdOnly.zip
BESR801_AllWin_Multilingual_SrdOnly.zip
BESROpt801_AllWin_Multilingual_Prod.zip
BEWS_12.1364_CPS_32BIT-X64.zip
BEWS_12.1364_32BIT_VERSION.zip
BEWS_12.1364_X64_VERSION.zip
BEWS_12_MANAGEMENT_PACK_MSFT_OPERATIONS_MGR.zip
I can spot the Continuous Protection Server and Beackup Exec files, but what are all the others and will I need them?

When I bought this it was actually version 11d, and my license allowed me then to upgrade to 12 when it was released, so I also have teh 11d install CD's.

What I want (and have been told this should do the job) is to backup my SQL databases, Exchange server and files using Backup Exec, and using CPS to make constant backups of file changes.

I have installed Backup Exec for Windows Servers 12 on the backup server and push-installed the agents to the other servers and that all looks ok. I've selected the files/databases for backup... but what do I do now with the CPS bit? I have tried running the install and I get an error:
Error 1311 Source File Not Found c:\backupexec\bews_12.1364_cps_32bit-x64\cps32\data1.cab. Verify the file exists and that you can access it.
The file dose not exist, I have tried re-downloading the file but still get this error.

So;

What are the other files I have downloaded for?
How can I fix the missing data1.cab problem?
When I've fixed that, will installing CPS on this server just work - i.e. will it recognise the Backup Exec already installed and just add the CPS features to the backup I have setup already?

Many thanks in advance
Tom.... getting balder!

0 REPLIES 0