cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When job fails, job log is not generated and cannot tell what's wrong

Sandi_Showalter
Level 3
At one of the customers that we serve as their help desk, whenever their backup job fails, if I try to look at the job log I get the message: one or more errors were encountered converting the job log into a web page for display. The job log will be displayed in text format. The job log for this job may not be generated.

The job log shows up as a blank page & on the job history page it says there is an invalid directory. If I try to look at the .xml pages for those failure dates, they are only 1Kb and have no info.

I looked at the Database maintenance (per http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258814.htm) but it is set for 30 days and there are no problems with the job log when the job is successful.

If it really is an invalid directory, is there any other way to tell what it is? Is there another way to view the job logs?

Their backup fails quite a bit, but it did have two successful runs last week and has failed all week this week.

I would appreciate any help with this.
3 REPLIES 3

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

To resolve this issue from the microsoft website please download and install MSMXL latest service pack and verify results.

Let us know if it works.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sandi_Showalter
Level 3
I will try your suggestion. As I have to remote into their server, I do not know when the soonest is I will be able to do this, so it may be a day or two before I know if it worked.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.