cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we get alert to remove tape when tape has ejected?

Jared_Shope
Level 2
We have our jobs set up so that when the last job on a tape finishes, it auto-ejects the tape. Previously, when we got an email saying that the job had completed and to mount a new tape for the next job, we could simply remove the ejected tape and stick in a new one without having to logon and answer any alert messages.
Since upgrading to Windows 2003, the job will not officially finish until we acknowledge the message to remove the tape even though it has already ejected? Is there a setting we can change?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The "new" behavior you have described is the way that all my drives have behaved since v8.0

You can either remove "Eject on end" from the job description, or you can see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm for some tweaks that will AutoRespond to several alerts, including this one.

Be aware for the future that v10 seems to have broken AutoRespond. See the v10 forums for all the problems people are having.

Jared_Shope
Level 2
We want the tape to autoeject, so turning that off isn't an option.

We have discoverd that if we uncheck "Automatically display new alerts" on one of the remove media alerts, that our problem goes away.

Questions:
1. Does the alert automatically clear if its not displayed based on the time limit specified on the Tools/Configure Alert Categories/Media Remove form? If so, with what answer since there is no place to provide an auto answer on my screen?
2. Does unchecking "Auto display new alerts" cause alerts of all kinds to not be displayed? Could I miss other types of alerts that abolutely have to be replied to because of this setting?

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Perform repair installation of Backup Exec.

Please refer the following etchnote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.