cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will evaluation software function normally with a License upgrade Code

Neil_Balchin
Level 2
I've just purchased a license upgrade to Version 10 for SBS. will the trial software allow me to enter my registration code and thereafter function normally ? My media disk will not arrive until the end of the month and I would like to get my backups organized before then ?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The downloadable v10 code is the same that you will get on your CD, so go ahead and download, use your upgrade serial and you should be good to go with a full install completed.

(Always assuming that you have a qualifiying version already installed, of cours :) )

Neil_Balchin
Level 2
We have a license and the media for Version 8.6, but it is not installed on our SBS 2003 server, It was initially installed but it did not function properly so I removed it. Should I reinstall the v 8.6 before installing the v 10 ? When I purchased v 10 I supplied my v 8.6 serial code, and I have received a new serial code from veritas for v 10

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi Neil,

You need to enter the serial numbers for version 10.0 5484 in your 10.0 installation. The 8.x serial numbers wont be accepted.

========================
Additional Information :

For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:

Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.