cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2003 installation on multiple servers

Edward_Pollnac
Not applicable

The company I work for, Sage, configures servers for doctors offices. There are several of us in this department all doing the exact same things. One of those "things" is configuring BE 12.5 on these Windows Servers, again, all the same.

We change some of the options and all the backup jobs are the same. We do this remotely where as the servers themselves are at our staging location, we access then via RDP which at times, as you could imagine, can be painfully slow. There are only a few default options we change, so that wouldn't be an issue. However, setting up the backup job is somewhat tedious. For the backup job, what file, if any, can I pull from a server I’ve already configured and place it on all the future servers.

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
For the backup job, what file, if any, can I pull from a server I’ve already configured and place it on all the future servers.

All of this info is kept in the BEDB database.  so if you copied the whole database, you would also overwrite all the volume info for the tapes at each site, as well as the job defs, schedules, media sets, etc

An you would still need to log into the media server to do a BEUTIL recover configuration from the BEDB.BAK file