cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2000 compatibility with BE 12 RAWS

bdubya
Level 2
Partner Accredited

A client's secondary tape-drive recently took a dive and I'm investigating consolidating backups from the primary media server running BE 12. 

The secondary machine is running VERITAS Backup Exec 8 Rev. 3315 on Windows Server 2000 and the current installation is preventing install of a RAWS agent from BE 12. 

Before I uninstall the application I wanted to ask if the RAWS agent from BE 12 will have any compatibility issues with the OS on the secondary machine (SERVER 2000).

I've already consulted the compatibility list for BE 12 and have not found any information that clearly states compatiblity. Any input or documentation references would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

bdubya
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Additionally, if anyone knows a way to disable the current installation without removing the application, so that I can push the RAWS agent from Backup Exec 12 for testing that would be great.

At this time I'm not sure if the client has the software to re-install the application as the older server running VERITAS BE 8.0 is on the chopping-block and likely coming down before too long.

teiva-boy
Level 6

You could try to disable all the veritas services in the existing installation prior to the install.  But at the end of the day, the recommended method would be to UNINSTALL it completly first.

I'm pretty sure v12 works fine with Windows 2000.  It's 2010 that doesn't support it.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 12 supports Windows 2000.  See page 12 of the SCL

BE 12.0 Software (SCL)

I was previously running this configuration.

BE 2010 also support Windows 2000.  It is BE 2012 that does not support Windows 2000.

You should uninstall BE 8 before pushing out the RAWS to the Windows 2000 machine.