cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a000fe09 - The directory is invalid

Smiley_Mak
Level 4

Also this is from the log which make no sense to me. I did a search on the server for clue found a program 

ZGWin32LaunchHelper.exe under C:\Program

Files\Symantec\SBAS\ControlCenter\UninstallerData\resource\ZGWin32LaunchHelper.exe which has been as

long as I would remember.

Clearly the directory and the file is there but there is definitely no subdirectory under ZGWin32LaunchHelper.exe.

On the event view, I got an incident ID 34113 which lead me to http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278686.htm.

Anyone any clue what is happening with backup exec ? I have boate of funny incidents in the past weeks with various clients's backup exec.

Directory not found. Can not backup directory \Program Files\\LJᅇ쮵鵥LJᅇ쮵BRIGHT~1.328
ưƐ0\\\ ŇĎưWin32LaunchHelper.exe\\1 and its subdirectories.
1 REPLY 1

Emdebe
Not applicable
Over the last two weeks I have been getting similar problems with 'The Directory Is Invalid' error. Seems to be random - one day backup completes OK next day I get the error. The invalid directory given always contains spurious looking characters and the paths/directories do not seem to exist in the 'selections' map e.g:

Can not backup directory \Program Files\\77760085.0.2144\\LL ijċ慄汩⁹慂正灵ǹ ľČǷ婠ǹ圈Ƕ㵀Ƕ\\ \ \ 昬㼰ǵ\\1\@\ \s 27 and its subdirectories

Directory not found. Can not backup directory \Program Files\\79866606.0.2088\\LL DzČ뮐Ǽnewal 2007.xls\\<\ ǸĎ\\SERVER\S\\ ǼČ27 and its subdirectories.

The changes to the server (Windows SBS 2003 / 1024MB RAM) that have been made recently and seem to be more or less concurrent with this problem are:

Win SBS 2003 SP2 Installed
Symantec Premium Anti-Spam installed

Don't know if there is a clue here.

Since installing SP2 the system memory overhead has been much higher and memory over- allocation issues have occassionally cropped-up, including one that caused backup exec to stall. I have also had today a backup self-aborted because of an "I/O Error".

Can anyone shed some light on this - my confidence in the backup setup on this network has now dropped through the floor!