cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advance open file option not installed properly?

tdavis
Level 2
i downloaded a 60-day eval of 10.1. It shows that it's installing the Open File Option, but when i ran a test job, there was an error in the log indicating BE couldn't find vsapi.dll. So then i ran the OFO wizard, & it said OFO wasn't installed properly. A bit of searching and I find I need a vsapi.dll in the BE directory and a vsp.sys in drivers. Well, neither is on the machine. So then I ran the setupaofo.cmd file in the RANT32 directory, but it did nothing. I've tried reinstalling, also.

what do i need to do to get this working? All patches are installed, and I'm on a WinXP sp2 box with a SCSI DAT drive. I found some stuff on Google with others having the problem, but with 9.x and 10.0. No solutions, though.
1 REPLY 1

tdavis
Level 2
i found the solution, just wanted to post it for others. I checked the massive bkupinst.log for vspapi.dll and vsp.sys, and it was nowhere in there.... i also looked at article 275898, which was of no help.

what i did was skip a complete uninstall, but just deselect the AOFO option, which it apparently thought was there. Then it went thru & 'removed' it. Then I went into setup again & just checked it. This time it finally installed it.