cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aofo licensed but not installed?

Rob_Bosch
Level 3
Hi all. I have a client running Backup Exec 12 with SP1. They purchased three remote agents, and I installed the serial number for these items on the server. The remote agent shows as being "licensed" and "installed". The aofo agent, however, shows as "licensed" but not "installed". Isn't the aofo agent now part of the remote agent? If so, why would it not show as being installed?
4 REPLIES 4

James_Gillette
Not applicable
Employee Accredited Certified
Rob,

It is part of the license, but it sounds like your client needs to install the feature still (it is not required to install it with a remote agent).  They should be able to go under tools menu and install the AOFO option, and then it can will be an option to deploy it with remote agent installs from that media server.

Rob_Bosch
Level 3
Thanks for your reply. When I look at my installed options, I already have backup exec server AND the remote agent for windows showing up. How do I install the AOFO option separately? Will my client have a separate serial number for AOFO, even though it's a part of the remote agent?

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
In the Backup Exec Administration Console, go to Tools/ Install Options and License Keys on this media server.   Navigate through the prompts past your license information to the Backup Exec Option screen.  Select the Advance Open File Option on this screen.  Click next through the install. 

You will need to install the AOFO client on your remote servers as well.  To do this go to Tools/ Install Agents and Media Servers on Other Serves.  Go through the process as before to install the remote agent but this time select the option for AOFO as well. 

Rob_Bosch
Level 3
Thank you for the response. I had finally figured this out a few days ago.