cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 2010 to tape stuck on "Loading Media"

tzang
Level 3

We run Backup Exec 2010 on a windows 2003 machine. We have 4 backup jobs that run to CERTANCE Tape machine on the weekends. These work fine until we have to span different tapes (aka the tape runs out, have to put in a new tape). We go in and physically take the ejected tape out and insert a new tape that has been empty.

No matter which tape job is running, the status just stays at "loading media". The alerts we get a lot, all say "Attention Required - Meda Remove - Please remove the media from the drive, and respond OK.". Maybe this has something to do with it. What can I check to see what is causing this tape swap to malfunction.

The media set we use on the tape jobs is "28 days", append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you confirmed that alert in the Job Monitor tab?

You can also look at configuring the alert itself in the Alerts tab to respond OK from what I can remember. The job is waiting for that response in order to continue...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you confirmed that alert in the Job Monitor tab?

You can also look at configuring the alert itself in the Alerts tab to respond OK from what I can remember. The job is waiting for that response in order to continue...

Thanks!

tzang
Level 3

I do not see a place to confirm anything under the job monitor tab. Right clicking the job has a greyed out option for RESPOND TO ALERT. 

tzang
Level 3

Ok I did end up finding a way to hit ok under the alert tab. I will look to see if there is a way to automatically do that. Thanks!