cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup to Web

obata23
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have a client that want to back up there data to there web, they said they dont need any hardware for backup. they want to back up to web or something.. what kind of web is dont really. but mine guess is they want to backup to their FTP server or something.. i need someone to pls explain to me the technicalities about backing up to web. I'd also like to know what Agent or Option would be required for these kind of solution
4 REPLIES 4

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Hi Obata23,

Your client will not be making confusion with backups to disk?

Regards,
JoaoMatos

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

We are going to need a bit more information on what exactly they are backing up and where the data is going to be stored before we can say what agents options will be needed.

obata23
Level 3
Partner Accredited

they thabe An exchange server, sharepoint,SQl and a file server.. they want to back up to web.. its it possible?????? The client said they want to back up to web, they said they dont want any hard ware.. can backup exec do these?

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

There is no native option in Backup Exec to allow for backing up to an FTP or a website.  There is a licensed option for Backing up to the Symantec Protection Network that would allow for this.  If you're interested in that option I would suggest contacting Sales or your reseller, they should be able to give you all the details on it.